Tuesday, August 15, 2023

It's just getting silly. . .

 

. . .and so the summer flies by. John and I used to joke that by July 4th, the summer was over. When we worked in academia that was just about true, but it still feels that way sometimes. This is an image that John captured. It's a day lily in front of our garage. The cool summer with tons of rain has brought so many gifts. And some not-so-welcome ones, like a great crop of Japanese Beetles. The little buggers love any Rosaceous crops, so I'm on constant guard with the apples and raspberries. They also have a particular liking for Linden trees. Mine is too small right now to take much abuse, so I've been controlling them on her assiduously. Oh. And oddly, they love one of the cultivars of kale that I'm growing, while they leave the other (the very curly type) alone.

Well. I'm hoping to get back to a more even writing schedule, but need to address my email inbox. After a week in a cabin-on-a-lake, and a week with our oldest Grand Son, it's a mess! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here!