Most of the raspberries (old and new) are just starting to flower, and we won't begin a serious harvest for at least 3 weeks. Still. A small taste of what's to come is welcome.
The blueberries, however, are in full harvest mode. I wandered out in my robe to put some in my breakfast bowl today, and we each had a bowlful with lunch. I'm putting the berries that are accidentally picked a little green (green is red in this case) in the freezer for jam to be made later.I also harvested a bunch of kale, basil, and mint for salad greens at some lunch or dinner in the near future. The zucchini continues to have problems with an end rot issue. It's been wet, so that may be the problem, but they are seriously crowding the kale and the eggplant, so we may have to concede defeat on them this year. A friend of mine used to say that in any given year, one plant gets a chance to shine. Her raspberries were queen that year. My zucchini, this year, are definitely not going to be queen.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave comments here!