Almost overwhelmed. Not quite. Tomatoes and peaches are charging in. The peaches were a disappointment. I withheld my usual (very limited) pesticide sprays and I paid for it with serious Tarnished Plant Bug (Stink bug relative) and aphid damage. Peaches are delicate things. In addition, the crows found them just before they were ripe, so a lot ended up on the ground with large pieces taken out of them. Another life lesson that I shouldn't have had to relearn. Still. I apparently thinned in a timely and appropriate way, because size and quality is fine. The tomatoes. Oh my. I planted twice as many of both cherry and regular sized tomatoes, and they are having their way with me. The season is just beginning, we are eating tomatoes and peaches at every meal . What worse fate?!?
Tomorrow will be my biggest tomato harvest yet. I will not waste a single one. Sauce is already started, and I can dry whatever tomatoes I can't sauce. What bounty. Am I complaining? Maybe a little. I wouldn't want to ruin my reputation as a Difficult Woman.
The weather, by the way, has been stunning. 70's during the day, 50's at night. We sit out on the patio lingering over dinner, and tonight, Peach Upside Down Cake. I tell us both to Take A Picture in Your Mind.
Oh! And John made a new dish with my tomato sauce. Eggs in Purgatory. It sounds cooler in Italian: Uova al Purgatorio. Buon Appetito!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave comments here!