Sunday, October 6, 2024

Early October

 

I've finished harvesting raspberries now, but I thought this parting shot was worth documenting. The chipmunks harvest the raspberries too, and have them as a meal on the stone steps that are between the two raspberry cultivars. I think it's incredibly cute that they leave the seeds behind for me. We've got several patches of these on the 5 stone steps. I'm glad we can share, and not lose the crop.

Last week I hiked with friends along Salmon Lake. The leaves were coloring, but they're at full color now. . .just 5 days later.


Maine is full of these hidden gems of hikes. We have a wonderful series of trails in back of our house, but there are woods everywhere. You have to know about them, though, and the best way to do that is to "know a guy".


One of my hiking friends is always assessing the various lakes' condition, particularly as pertains to erosion, and/or land owner education. It is a battle to fight against ruining these lakes with too many people doing things that erode the shore, pollute the water, add invasive species, etc.
I love these rocks along the shore. We have an abundance of rocks and roots on just about any trail.

And of course, Jasper is ever present. Lending support to the ongoing mission of enjoying life, and trying to be worthy of our many riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here!