Tuesday, June 11, 2024

48 hours later

 

They come and go so quickly, these peonies. I love this white one, that I grew from a root piece. Unfortunately I have no idea who she is, though the 'Sarah Bernhardt's are coming along soon. In Pennsylvania I grew peonies by the armload. I haven't had that good fortune in any other place, though they did well enough in Boise.They seem to struggle a bit in the sandier higher pH soils in our current garden.

 

 

 

 

 


So for the first time this year, I decided to put together some flowers to bring indoors. I do this less and less. I like enjoying them outdoors, but it also feels so Civilized to arrange them. Bring them into our world for a bit. Our Honeysuckle is blooming and growing crazy. . . she's the orange specimen. And the Siberian Iris' are especially prolific this year.

They're arranged in John's Grandmother's cut glass vase.

 

Industrial strength rhubarb

 

 

While we're at it, I'll show you a couple of other images. The rhubarb is out of control. They have the biggest stalks and leaves I've ever seen. I want to make a rhubarb platter using one of the leaves as a pattern, but I'm not quite up to that much clay. 

And the potatoes (below, front row) were so pitiful early on, but they're outpacing the tomatoes now. Food Glorious Food. Love that stuff.







 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments here!